Sunny Kan CTA, CPA, BCom, MTaxS
- Bachler of Commerce (BCom) in Accounting, The University of Auckland, NZ
- Master of Taxation (MTaxS), The University of Auckland, NZ
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), The HKICPA, Hong Kong
- Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA), The Tax Institute, Australia
- Registered Tax Agent, Australia
- Registered Tax Agent, New Zealand
Sunny is the principal of CSK Consulting and an experienced tax consultant previously worked in a multinational tax & finance consultancy firm in Hong Kong.
Sunny is specifically trained to serve Aussie expatriates living in the Asia-pacific countries, foreign investors, small to medium business owners and potential migrants to Australia. His areas of expertise including:
- Cross-border & international tax;
- Rental & other investments;
- Capital Gains Tax;
- Expatriate & repatriate tax;
- Inbound & outbound investment issues;
Sunny’s experience and skills cover Australia, New Zealand and Hong Kong tax matters. His understanding in multi-jurisdictions taxation law makes him the perfect tax adviser for migrants, investors, foreigners and expatriates.
Sunny speaks native Cantonese, fluent Mandarin and English. He is very passionate and loves his career as a tax professional. To further improve his tax knowledge and skills, he took a lot of tax courses offered by professional institutions and doing self-research.
Recently Sunny has advised:
- A number high – net worth individuals from Hong Kong and New Zealand about Australian property transactions and Capital Gains Tax.
- New Zealand tax residency and the transitional resident exemption for a number of new migrants.
- Australia tax residency and the temporary resident exemption for a number of medium to high – net worth Kiwis living in Australia.
- A small to medium private business in Taiwan planning to establish a new business in Australia or New Zealand. Covered procedures, choice of entities, income tax and residency issues.
- Negotiated with the ATO successfully to waive the General Interest Charge and the late filing penalty for a high – net worth individual in Hong Kong who did not submit his Australian tax for more than 20 years.
- Successfully claimed an average of AU$8,000 of tax refund per return for Kiwi expats living in Australia who didn’t apply the temporary resident exemption.